1. Mass has been going much better the past couple of weeks with the “Two-rranysaurous Rex.” Aside from yelling, “QUIET!!!” whenever we walk into the church or “PRAY!!!” or “JESUS!!!” while she points at the stained glass windows, she’s pretty good. When we pulled up to church last week she started singing, “I love church!” so obviously there’s something she’s enjoying there. Not sure if it’s a spiritual thing or because she enjoys using the kneeler as a trampoline.
2. Apocalypse Watch That’s right, you heard it here first. A sure sign of impending doom: Ted Haggard and Gary Busey will be swapping wives in what promises to be an uplifting episode of Wife Swap. Really? I am so stunned by the abundance of fodder provided by this newsflash that I am rendered jokeless.
3. Our kids started religious education classes this week. Our 7th grader was happy to discover that a friend from Scouts is in his grade level and a soccer teammate is in our 5th grader’s class, so that smoothed the transition. Our 2nd grader has never met a stranger so we didn’t really have any worries about her…
4. We get to see lots of old law school friends this weekend!!! Jason and I were mere babes when, as newlyweds, he started law school. It was 3 years of endless barbecue and debate and one of the best times of our lives. It’s always beyond fun to see everyone again.
5. Blast from the past: This one is about da Bears and the honor (is it really an honor at this point?) they’ll finally receive for their 1986 Super Bowl win. I wonder if they’ll perform the Superbowl Shuffle? DAAAAAA Bears.
6. Catholic thingy: Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales should be arriving in the mail tomorrow. I’m looking forward to reading it. Book club, anyone?
7. As former Protestants, we are accustomed to being involved in a million church activities- kind of like the episode of the Brady Bunch where Marsha signs up for all the clubs when she starts high school. So I just started a Bible study (from the Great Adventure series!), the girls have started choir, and Jason is loving the Men’s group he’s connected with. Wonder what else we can do? Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.
Thanks to Jen at Conversion Diary for hosting. Be sure to check out her blog and visit links to other Quick Takes.